1940s Casual

Flashback Summer- 1940s casual outfit

Flashback Summer- 1940s casual outfit

Flashback Summer- 1940s casual outfit

Flashback Summer- 1940s casual outfit, modern wedge heels

Flashback Summer- 1940s casual outfit

There are some days that I don't have a lot of time to get ready (because an alarm doesn't go off at the desired time for various reasons...), and this hairstyle is one of my favorites for a quick vintage look.  It's also good for second-day hair or when my very straight hair has "dents" from a previous hairstyle (like a ponytail).

Today was also the first day I tried out a new lip stain.  I have an ongoing battle with lipstick (it just gets everywhere when I wear it; probably a user error, I know), and this stuff is GREAT!  It has two steps (stain and gloss), and I drank coffee and brushed my teeth before taking these pictures... and it still looked good!

I like my look to be inspired by vintage fashion, but sometimes I like throwing in modern elements.  (I love the platform heel fad going on right now, what can I say?)  Hence, this outfit is a mosh of old and new.

Then, my sister and I tried beating the mid-semester study apathy by going to a coffee shop to study.  It helped a little bit.

sweater- F21
scarf- thrifted
shoes- Target
lipstick- Maybelline Super Stay Color (First time I've used it!  I highly approve!)
necklace and earrings- 1950s, inherited from my great-grandmother

No comments